The Popsical licence allows only for usage within residences. Residences constitute places where one would spend the night. Places where the Popsical can be used may include HDBs, private residences, chalets or hotel rooms, but would exclude places such as offices and function rooms in condominiums.
If the event is held within a residence, such as a colleague’s home or within a chalet, the Popsical can be rented for such usage. However, the Popsical licence does not allow for it to be used in places outside of residences such as function rooms, offices, etc.
Generally, the Popsical licence cannot be used for outdoor events or in function rooms which are typically outside the confines of residences. The exceptions would be the outdoors or function room within the compound of a private landed property or apartment unit.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Popsical licence does not allow for usage in communal gardens or function rooms of condominiums.
Yes. As a hotel room is a location where one spends the night, it can be considered a residence. For the avoidance of doubt, do note that the Popsical licence does not allow for usage within function rooms of hotels.
Do note that most hotels’ WiFi networks utilise a different login system (pop-up browser requiring username and password) from home WiFi networks (requires only password). Please refer to the ‘Setting up and troubleshooting – Connection’ section below on workarounds to connect to hotel WiFi networks.
Can I add additional microphones to the 2 that come with the booking of the Popsical Karaoke Package?
No. The wireless Bluetooth microphones included with the Popsical system are paired specifically to the speakers. As such, additional microphones cannot be added. However, you can choose to rent an additional Popsical Sound speaker which comes with another 2 microphones. Do contact us to obtain a discounted rate on the booking of an add-on Popsical Sound speakers.
There are over 200,000 songs on the Popsical, in more than 12 languages including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Bahasa Melayu, Tamil, Hindi, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Tagalog, Vietnamese and more!
In the event an item is lost or damaged, the charges are stated below.
- Popsical Streaming Device (Pink/Green) – S$350
- Popsical Streaming Device (Black) – S$650
- Popsical SoundBar -S$350
- Popsical Remote Control – S$50
- Popsical SoundBar Remote Control – S$50
- Microphones – S$ 150 each
- USB Plug – S$50
- USB-C Cable – S$30
- AUX to RCA Cable – S$30
- HDMI Cable – S$30
- Cabin Sized Luggage – S$50
- Revolving Disco Light – $80
- Tambourines – S$30 each
*The AA batteries and disposable microphone covers are provided to you for free. There is no need to replace them.
I've just made a booking and selected to pay via internet banking transfer / PayNow. How do I proceed?
After your booking, you will receive an automated email with the details such as the bank account number / UEN number to perform the transfer.
Alternatively, you can find make payment via the PayNow QR Code found below. Do remember to include your order no. as reference!
Once payment has been completed, please inform us via email, email@example.com, or Whatsapp, 8768 1334. Your booking will then be finalised.
For ease of liaison on the delivery and return of the Popsical system, we will be contacting you via Whats-app shortly. Following the verification of your proof of address and payment, you will receive the Popsical Karaoke Package on the day of delivery.
Please ensure that someone is present at the location during the stipulated time period of delivery/return. A failed delivery/return charge of S$80 will be levied if no one is present at the location to receive/return the package.
If you are unable to be present at the stipulated time, please arrange for the package to be delivered/returned at a relative/friend/neighbour’s location during the stipulated time. Please inform us if there is a change of location by 1200H on the day of delivery/return.
Setting up and troubleshooting - Connection
Please follow the steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable from the Popsical to the HDMI port of your TV/projector
- Connect the USB cable to the power plug and the Popsical, and switch on the power
- Ensure that the power source is on – there will be a blue light in front of the Popsical
- Using your TV remote control, switch the source to the correct HDMI source which the Popsical is connected to
- You will then see the pink Popsical screen appear on your TV screen
Reasons why you may not see the Popsical screen on your TV
- HDMI cable is faulty – Try connecting the Popsical with a spare and non-faulty HDMI cable
- TV’s HDMI port faulty – Try plugging the HDMI cable to a non-faulty HDMI port on your TV
- Source not switched correctly – Follow step 4 above using your TV remote control
- USB cable not connected to Popsical – Follow step 2 above. Do note that the electricity is supplied by the USB cable rather than the HDMI cable
The Popsical Sound (speakers) can be paired with the Popsical streaming device wirelessly via Bluetooth. We have pre-set it such that the devices are paired automatically via Bluetooth. In the event it isn’t paired, you can also do so by following the steps:
- Manually press the Popsical Sound’s (speakers) ‘Input’ button repeatedly until you hear ‘Waiting for Bluetooth connection’
- Use the Popsical remote control and press the menu button (depicted as 3 horizontal strokes). On the TV screen where you see the Popsical screen, you should now see the menu screen. Click on ‘Advanced Settings’. Click on ‘Bluetooth’ and pair the ‘Hi-fi system’
- You should now hear from the Popsical Sound (speakers), ‘Bluetooth paired’
Can I connect the Popsical Streaming Device to the Popsical Sound (speakers) using a wired AUX to RCA cable?
Yes, you can do so with your own AUX to RCA cable. The cables are not provided in the rental. However, you can connect the Popsical streaming device to the Pospical Sound (speakers) wirelessly via Bluetooth. For the steps to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth, please refer to the relevant FAQ above.
The USB C cable is in the Popsical Box (Black). Remove the Popsical Remote Control and you can see the USB C cable placed snugly beneath it.
The WiFi home screen says there is 'No Wi-Fi Routers Nearby' although my WiFi is definitely switched on
It may be a software glitch preventing the detection of the WiFi networks. Do try rebooting the entire system. If the problem persists, as a workaround, you will need a USB mouse and follow the steps stated below:
1. Navigate the screen using the remote control and click on ‘Advanced’
2. Select using the remote control, the WiFi network you wish to connect to
3. Enter the password
4. Connect a USB mouse into the Popsical
5. Use the mouse to click ‘Connect’
The Popsical screen on TV says I can only sing for 15 minutes. How do I get unlimited access to song play time?
You may have been logged out of our premium account which allows for unlimited streaming with no time limit. To resolve this:
- Using the Popsical remote control, click on the button with 3 horizontal lines (menu button). Click on ‘My Account’. Key in the email and password you see on the slip of paper pasted on the black Popsical box
- If the above does not work, contact us via Whatsapp or a call at 8768 1334
I am using the Popsical in my Hotel Room / Chalet and I can't connect to its WiFi. How do I connect?
Most hotels / chalets WiFi networks utilise a different login system (pop-up browser requiring username and password) from home WiFi networks (requires only password). In such cases, there are 2 possible solutions:
- Navigate using the Popsical remote control and click on ‘Browser’ on the Popsical screen on TV. If the hotel’s pop-up screen requiring username and password appears, input them accordingly and you should now be connected. If it does not work, refer to 2 below
- Switch on your mobile phone’s 4G hotspot and connect the Popsical to the WiFi hotspot. Do note that your mobile phone acts as a dedicated internet connection hotspot for the Popsical. As such, you will not be able to pair the Popsical app on your mobile phone using the party code you see on the TV. To utilise the Popsical app, you will need to connect your friend’s mobile phone (make sure your friend’s phone has the Popsical app) to your phone’s WiFi hotspot.
Setting up and troubleshooting - Microphones
The buzzing sound from the microphone typically indicates that battery levels are almost depleted. To resolve this:
- Replace the depleted batteries with new ones, preferably heavy-duty batteries like Energizer
If the above does not work, switch the batteries in the affected microphone with the batteries in the working microphone
To resolve this:
- Replace the depleted batteries with new ones, preferably heavy-duty batteries like Energizer; or
- If the above does not work, switch the batteries in the affected microphone with the batteries in the working microphone; or
- Push hard and upwards on the sliding on/off button on the microphone until you hear “Microphone on” from the Popsical Sound
If the above solutions do not work, the microphones may have been damaged during transportation. Do contact us immediately if the above steps do not resolve the issue.
Yes, as long as you can hear your voice amplified by the microphone, it is indicative that the microphone is working. It does not matter that there is no light emitted from the microphone near the on/off button.
Please follow the stops:
- Use the Popsical Sound remote control (1 of the 2 controllers with a red button) and press the button with the ‘gear’ icon indicated as (1) in the below until you hear the voice from the Popsical Sound saying “Microphone Volume”
- At this point, increase the volume by pressing the button indicated as (2) in the picture below
- Decrease the volume by pressing the button indicated as (3) in the picture below
Please follow the stops:
- Use the Popsical Sound remote control (1 of the 2 remote control with a red button)
- Increase the music volume by pressing the button indicated as (2) in the picture below
- Decrease the music volume by pressing the button indicated as (3) in the picture below
No. The red light is permanent and acts as an identifier of the 2 microphones (the other microphone’s light is either blue or green, depending on the model). The red light does not mean battery levels are low.
Yes, it’s normal. The sound is caused by a small light cover of the microphone that fell in. It does not affect the performance of the microphone in any way.
Setting up and troubleshooting - Popsical app
Enter the party code you see on your TV screen into your Popsical app when you are prompted by the app to and you are good to go!